Electrostatic Printing Assist (ESA) for rotogravure
At the forthcoming Drupa 2012 exhibition, ENULEC will be introducing a new innovation and generation of Roto-Green ESA control for use in conjunction with gravure printing machines. Details will be available in due course. Long established and already well tried and tested systems will also be exhibited.
Direct Charging. Gravure printing is characterised particularly by its outstanding print quality which has been further improved by the Enulec ESA Direct Charging - Side Loading system leading to the
establishment of new standards. This technical module has been employed with great success, particularly by world leading gravure press manufacturers from Italy and their customers. The distinctive feature of this fluid transmission system is the simplicity of its current transmission to the ESA style impression roller.
The Italian gravure press manufacturers equip almost all of their modern gravure printing machines with Enulec ESA and static discharge systems which are offered to gravure printers worldwide as a complete readymade turnkey package. This machine configuration offers the customer simplicity of operation and ensures an optimum printing process.
Also on show is the Special Top Loading System which is supplied with a virtually maintenance free air-assisted charge bar. This innovative electrode, which is design (Gebrauchsmuster) registered, prevents flashover in the print unit (sparking due to dirty electrodes) and greatly extends charge bar cleaning intervals. In the development of this system, which was focused on overcoming known disadvantages and safety related weaknesses in conventional top loading systems with their exposed arrays of charging pins, a particular innovation is the low maintenance air-assisted charge bar.
Advantages of using ENULEC ESA in the rotogravure printing process – WHAT DOES THE ESA1000compact offer?
- Optimum Ink transfer to all paper and plastic film substrates.
- Longer running times for impression rollers due to reduced impression roller line pressure of 50%.
- Optimum print results on low quality papers, card board and plastic films / Cost reduction.
- Faster production speed and best print results up to 900m/m.
- No cleaning of the gravure cylinder cells any more during production. Dried ink cells are a thing of the past.
- The gravure cylinder depth can be reduced up to 40% and reduce the consumption of ink.
- Constant and controlled print quality guaranteed.
Link zu weiterer Information