Fascinatingly practical, versatile, easy to use and inexpensive: the digital “pocket microscope” FAG PIT from FAG Graphic Systems of Switzerland. PIT stands for PRINT IMAGE TOOL.It doesn’t have an eyepiece so you don’t look into it. Instead, the FAG PIT connects to your desktop computer or laptop through its USB port. After installing the software the user has a digital microscope with a zoom factor of up to 140x. The image recorded by a built-in camera is shown immediately on the computer screen. And this image can be measured, stored, printed out and emailed. Recorded facts put an end to discussions that always arise due to subjective perception and lead to disagreements.What print experts up till now could not do with the means at their disposal is now child’s play.
FAG KORREX 2000
10 good reasons for deciding on the FAG Korrex 2000
Your successful future begins with greatly increased performance for proofing with high consistency, according to recommended quality standards. Register is perfect, inking is regular and proofing times are short considering the ideal printing size of 72 x 104 cm.
1. Stable, absolutely distortion-free construction. The machine bed is one heavy piece of cast iron and the machine base, a welded construction, includes strong crosspieces.
2. The printing cylinder is precision mounted in massive sidewalls with special bearings preventing all distortion.
3. Generously dimensioned, newly developed inking unit with four-fold oscillating ink distribution in the traveling and the stationary inking unit, one-way and double inking.
4. the printing cylinder rotates in the stationary position of the cylinder carriage. At the same time, the automatic wash-up device cleans the inking system.
5. The traveling dampening unit carries a minimum amount of dampening solution for brilliant proofs. The stationary anilox roller ensures optimal metering of dampening
6. Wash-up solution flows in a closed tray, giving good protection to the printer from vapours. An additional suction pipe is provided for connection to an automatic extraction device, which is optional.
7. Light-weight inking rollers with aluminium cores can be changed very quickly.
8. Use of modern electronics for controlling the printing process: Microprocessor control enables to replace almost all electrical switching elements. A frequency regulator ensures smooth running of the cylinder carriage.
9. Maximum safety: Operating and emergency stop switches, infrared light barriers on both sides of the cylinder carriage.
FAG NEW SCAN
Model 2021 manual
Model 2031 motorized
Model 2031-2 double camera
It is :
- A high quality range at a low price
- A small dimension camera box (140x140x240) with swiveling cable output in order to allow the installation on all machines
- A large picture surface : 120 x 90
- An important enlargement : up to 40 times
- A flash for the back sheet in order to control the registering
superimposition of the recto according the back side
- An integrated keyboard, remote or built-in
- The recto and back pictures on the same screen
FAG New Scan 2021 manual system
The basic model FAG New Scan 2021 includes :
- 1 electronic box
- 1 captor for synchro
- 1 mounting bar for the camera box
- Manual move X (laize)
- Electronic move Y (development)
- Scanning Y
- 1 SONY MONO-CCD camera
- Motorized zoom, enlargement of 2.5 to 40 times
FAG New Scan 2031 motorized system
Additional functions :
- Motorized camera box
- Motorized moving in X (laize)
- Electronic moving in Y (development)
- Scanning X, Y or S (X+Y)
FAG New Scan 2031-2 double camera
Additional functions :
- 2 motorized cameras boxes
- Scanning X (laize) and Y (development) or S (X + Y) for each camera
- Pictures of camera 1 and 2 on the same screen
The picture quality of the FAG New Scan range remains faithful to the renown, clear contrasts and realistic colors.
The miniature camera box and the 3 possible cable outputs (right, left and top) allow installing the FAG New Scan systems on all machines.
Inline color measurement system
Inline color measurement system for the flexography and gravure industries.
First INLINE multi-channel densitometer available for Flexography.
9-channel densitometer to measure density of process and spot colors.
Base system components :
- 1 Measurement unit
- Controller unit
- Connection cables
FAG has successfully launched a Braille Dot Checker at IPEX 2010 which is an affordable, pocket sized and easy to use high quality device.This handheld USB powered reader captures a 3D image of the Braille dot and sends the image to the Windows™ PC.
For the DRUPA 2012 the NEW BREYE version 2 analyzes characteristics of the Braille dot, the image providing a visual interpretation whilst the software measures height, base diameter and distances between dots, at the same time collecting data and calculating statistics, which you can then save and print quality reports on the Braille.
The NEW BREYE Braille Dot Checker can be used to control the Braille in three areas: (1) On the press, (2) after gluing, (3) in the QA department.
The NEW BREYE device is very stable and mobile, providing the user with the option to also take it to meetings with their clients, to maybe discuss for instance the type of card to be used and or the Braille height, all of course making costing and therefore your profit margin correct. Clients can then see the effect of each type of card on the monitor as reference images can be stored, and later reloaded in case of complains or adjustments.
FAG FLEX3 PRO
FAG FLEX³PRO is an affordable, easy to use Flexo Plate reader that can help you to immediately see, manage and interpret any changes to the parameters and thus achieve a superior quality output.
The state of the art illumination, pickup optics and camera technology of the FAG FLEX³PRO flexo plate reader delivers extremely sharp images. The shoulder portion of the dot is clearly separated from the surface of the dot. Dot printing surfaces with sharp corners that are not artificially rounded due to overexposing can be measured accurately.
The FAG FLEX³PRO software FLEYE³ offers a function to directly compare images, enabling you to see directly the impact of any changes of process parameters. Images captured with any FAG FLEX³PRO device can be loaded and then resized with a resolution of 12700DPI, rotated, corrected in brightness and finally overlaid.
The minimum dot of the flexo plate making process defines the range of values and the perceived resolution of the printed product. But what is the minimum dot? What should the minimum dot look like? How can it be defined and how can it be consistently maintained from one plate to the next, from one day to the next? Looking at the dot shape lets us understand immediately that the dots are not the same, even though the view from top would lead us to think that was the case. The dots differ in shape whilst having an almost identical printing surface. The FAG FLEX³PRO is used to capture the top view and the 3D image by a simple click of the mouse, without the need to re-position the plate.
The mechanical dot size, the contour (shape of the flexo dot) and the ink coverage across the dot itself will often lead to changes in the printed colour.
The FAG FLEX³PRO is a precision device designed to measure and monitor the changes in colour due to mechanical problems of plate, press or ink.
FAG VIPCAM 122
This CTP-mesuring device guarantees accurate and quick quality control of computer to plate technologies and traditional prepress processes. With its built-in video camera it reads and analyses geometrically the dot area of each field with conventional or stochastic screening. It is also capable of measuring the dot diameter, screen angle and ruling, as well as the logarithmic visual area.
VIPCAM 122 BASIC: For polyester and standard plates (excl. film and paper)
VIPCAM 122 ADVANCED: For all plates, prints and films
FAG DENS D3
The FAG DENS D3 , the new Densitometer developed for FAG introduces a totally new positioning concept: it's not just easy to use, you will love to use it.
With the FAG DENS D3 , the proper densitometer for every single pressman measures solid density, dot gain, dot area, balance, and density differences in a fast and easy manner. Automatic zero and automatic color recognition is implemented as well. The simple and robust mechanics, the power saving electronics, and the LED technology assures a long life time of the device. With only 2 AA batteries you can take measurements over a long period of time without the need to connect the device to power for recharging.
FAG PRESTO DELTA E
PRESTO DE : Efficiency, Economy, and delta E converge in a new measurement solution
FAG will launch the new Spectrodensitometer PRESTO DE at DRUPA2012. The PRESTO DE offers unprecedented ease of use in a press-side ink and color control system. The high cost and complexity of laboratory spectrophotometers make them a poor choice for color control on the production floor. Their bewildering array of functions and settings requires more training than many shops can afford and most operators can tolerate. Without a suitable alternative, “eyeball” control takes over with unpredictable results. The PRESTO DE offers all the necessary measurement functions in a quick, cost-effective, and easy-to-use instrument.
PRESTO DE is a non-polarizing Spectrodensitometer with Status E filter set. Because plastic film substrates have a natural polarizing effect, the use of a polarization filter would be counter-productive. The PRESTO DE measures Density, Dot Gain, Dot Area, Balance, and finally Delta E 2000. (Figure 1.)
One of the most important quality parameters in flexo printing is ink transfer. Obtaining optimal ink transfer is a prerequisite to achieving the desired color strength in the print. Ink viscosity, anilox volume, plate material and substrate also affect ink transfer, as does press speed and environmental conditions. Because of the excellent correlation of optical density to the human visual response, densitometers have been successfully used for many years with excellent results in press control of the ink transfer. Both process and spot colors lend themselves to density control, and the PRESTO DE automatically selects and displays the correct color channel for the operator.
Impression and rolling conditions have to be optimized to avoid doubling and slur effects and to avoid excessive or premature plate wear. Impression hexagons are widely used to subjectively evaluate the impression settings on a press. An alternative visual control can be done using the DFTA AKE 1.0 control element described in „DFTA Leitfaden für die Flexodruckvorstufe v1.0“. More precise control is easily implemented by using a target consisting of vertical lines (machine direction) and horizontal lines (cross direction) to optimize the pressure between anilox and plate, as well as between plate and substrate. The pressure between plate and substrate has a higher impact on horizontal lines than it has on vertical lines. Therefore the dot area measured in the horizontal line patch is typically higher than the dot area measured in the vertical line patch. The optimal pressure is achieved when the two dot area values match. Once the plate-to-substrate pressure is optimized, the anilox-to-plate pressure can be reduced as long as the minimum dot patch is still printed. The PRESTO DE can be used to measure the dot area quickly and easily during press setup and to detect small changes of the rolling conditions during the run of the press (see figure 2: line elements).
The smaller the printed minimum dot, the closer the flexo printing quality is to competing print methods. During setup and characterization of the printing process the FLEX³PRO from PERET is of great help, as it delivers high resolution images of the print. Dot size and geometry can be measured while dot void and mottling can be evaluated. During normal production, the PRESTO DE can be used to check if the minimum is still printed correctly or if there are printing problems (see figure 2: minimum dot)
Special (spot) colors are widely used in FLEXO and packaging. The color is prepared in the ink department using color formulation systems and Spectrophotometers. Ideally, once the ink is at the press, no further ink mixing (toning) should take place. Nevertheless it is sometimes necessary to make adjustments. These changes should be measured in terms of delta E. The PRESTO DE device can be used for a quick check of the accuracy of the color match in terms of Delta E2000.
FAG offer a wide range of control instruments for Flexo and Packaging. The new PRESTO DE makes the portfolio even more complete and cost-effective.
Dipl.Ing. Lukas Pescoller
FAG VIPDENS C5P
- FAG VIPDENS C5P
- Measuring and controlling have never been as simple!
- The automatic densitometer for fast and uncomplicated measurements
- Automatic recognition of the patch type and choice of the appropriate function and color.
- Automatic recognition of solid, shadow and nightlight dot gain and balance patch.
- Built-in polarization filter for measurements on freshly printed sheets.
- Easy to recognize icons on the LCD display
- Extremely low energy consumption
- New ergonomic and compact design of the robust casing.
- With simple push-buttons commands in the semi-automatic mode reference values are shown, percent-measurements can be done and the unit can be sent to decorative colors and individual series of measurements.
- FAG VIPDENS C5P is exactly what you need for your quality control.
- Check and measure your printed matter simply, fast and fully automatic.
- Presentation of the measured results is additionally simplified by easy understandable symbols.
- Included functions
- Automatic paper recognition (zeroing)
- Secondary densities, color balance
- Automatic color recognition (CMYK)
- Color balance
- Automatic patch type recognition
- Dot gain 3 ref ¼, ½, ¾
- Automatic balance patch recognition
- Dot gain curve
- Automatic trapping mode
- Out of tolerance indic. and corr. options
- 1 customized reference set
- Density difference
- 3 defined standards (Fogra)
- Grey balance
- Aperture 3 mm (Option 2 mm)
- Density D 0,00 – 2,50
- Percent % 0-100
- Measuring Time 0,5 seconds
- Graphical Display 160 x 80 Pixel
- Repeatability D +/- 0,01 D
- Linearity % +/- 1 %
- Interface Computer Interface
- Measurements (per battery set) >500.000
- Batteries 2 Alkaline 1,5 V size AA
- Filter Status I, E, T
- Polarization Filter E and T optional
- Dimensions (mm) 175 x 75 x 47 cm
- Operating conditions Temperature 10° - 40°
- Rel. humidity 10 % - 90 % Non-condensing
- Storage conditions Temperature –20° - 60°
- Rel. humidity 10 % - 90 %
Composition and printing errors excepted. All technical specifications, features and use are subject to change without notice.
EasyTrax is semi-automated color scanning system for producing accurate CMYK and CMYK + 2 color jobs. Available in multiple press sizes from 20” to 40”,
EasyTrax comes on a measurement board for easy installation and can be adapted to other after-market consoles. EasyTrax includes a black backing so you can achieve or maintain ISO certification, and the characterization data sets for G7 or PSO process control are available to support your efforts to achieve ISO standards.
EasyTrax has the ability to take a scan measurement or spot measurement anywhere on the sheet making EasyTrax the perfect solution for press-side color control for smaller format color presses or for primarily process color environments
The all-new IntelliTrax series is the industry's fastest, smartest line of auto scanning systems for press-side color control.
With two core models and numerous optional enhancements, this series allows sheetfed commercial and folding carton printers to maximize productivity and profitability during makeready and production.
FAG Gloss II
• sturdy construction with aluminium housing
• luminous graphical OLED display switchable for equally com-fortable operation by right or left handed users
• stand-alone operation mode or using the USB-cable for trans-mitting the results efficiently directly to the PC/laptop
• precise results within seconds with automatic gloss range shift
• stray light compensation allows exact measurements of trans-parent objects
• automatic prompt for calibration if necessary
• automatic recognition of standard
• calibration unit ensures correct positioning during calibration and protects the working standard and the optic
• different meausirng modes (multiple measurements and con-tinuous measurements, sequence mode, measuring groups, etc.)
• on-going updated statistics of the gloss values (average, standard deviation, max, min)
• simultaneously display of up to 3 geometries as well as up to 3 statistical values
• long-lasting LED
• multi-language menu-guidance
• supplied in a handy carrying case for protection during storage and transportation
geometry triple angle 20°, 60°, 85°
gloss range 0 - 2‘000 GU
measuring period per geometry 0.5 s
repeatability 0-199.9 GU: 0.1 GU, 200-2‘000 GU: 0.2%
reproducibility 0-199.9 GU: 0.5 GU, 200-2‘000 GU: 0.4%
FAG OCCHIO – Tristimulus camera video system
Something entirely new is the tristimulus video camera system “FAG OCCHIO”, opening a totally new way of thinking in colour and offers solutions for applications where today’s spectrophotometers are not the best option or cannot be used.
NEW i1Pro 2
About Next Generation i1Pro Spectrophotometer
The i1Pro 2 spectrophotometer introduces a new level of color accuracy, delivering increased ease of use and an expanded professional level feature set, including supporting the latest developments in industry measurement standards. i1Pro 2 solutions are sure to maximize profitability and minimize wasted time, ink and paper, while delivering the confidence that the user’s digital workflow is perfectly and professionally calibrated and profiled.
New i1Pro 2 spectrophotometer highlights:
New illuminant design allows for 3 standard measurement conditions (ISO 13655 M0: Tungsten; ISO 13655 M1: D50; ISO 13655 M2: UV Cut) plus Optical Brightener Compensation (OBC) without changing filters or needing a second instrument.
Enhanced Optical Brightener Compensation allows for the most accurate profiling (both Tungsten and UV/LED mode) for today’s enhanced range of substrates. Now users can predict what colors printed on optically brightened paper will look like under different light conditions using a single hand-held device.
Positioning Detection with Zebra Sensor provides a more robust scanning experience even on special substrates and low-resolution printers. It allows for the measurement of smaller patch sizes (as low as 7mm) in manual mode and enables dual measurement workflows for OBC, M1 and M2.
New Wizard-driven interface with status LED leads users through the profiling and calibration process while providing all the options and control desired, regardless of expertise.
New Design Ergonomics throughout allows for greater usability, flexibility, cleaning, protection, and storage of the precision i1Pro 2 device.
Improved Emissive Measurement allows for better temperature stability and higher brightness levels resulting in the best possible calibration and profiling of monitors ever.
Simple. Quick. Reliable.
SpectroEye combines the ultimate in measurement accuracy with exceptional ergonomics and user-friendliness. This handheld, portable spectrophotometer offers all the colorimetric functions needed to accurately measure and control special colors, along with all the densitometric functions needed to quickly and easily monitor and control color on-press.
Delivering Highest Measurement Accuracy
With the internal high spectral resolution of 3.3nm, SpectroEye detects even the smallest color deviations. SpectroEye is equipped with a ring illumination, so that the positioning direction of the spectrophotometer is not critical. This is very crucial in measuring on uncoated substrates. To ensure optimum measurement accuracy at all times, a white reference tile is integrated, allowing automatic calibration without user intervention.
Tailored Models for Maximum Productivity
The SpectroEye portfolio has a solution for every need and price point
SpectroEye LT: an affordable entry-level solution that delivers the primary functions required for process control at the press. SpectroEye LT supports all the densitometric functions from density to trapping, as well as the CIE L*a*b* function. It is the ideal device to check CMYK prints according to ISO standards. SpectroEye LT can easily be upgraded to SpectroEye through the purchase of a software access code. Also available in small aperture (SA) (see below for SA description)
SpectroEye: SpectroEye is ideal for customers who print CMYK and spot colors and who track systematic process control. Also for use in QA and ink mixing. Measures standard control bars utilizing 4.5mm aperture.
SpectroEye SA: For customers who have smaller control elements, SpectroEye SA is equipped with an aperture of 3.2mm designed specifically for reading patches as small as 3.5mm. With the identical accuracy of SpectroEye, SpectroEye SA offers customers who work with smaller control elements the option for unparalleled quality control, representing an incredible increase in production power. SA also available for SpectroEye LT.
This Plate scanner is based on two video camera analysis, which allows the creation of an ink profile. The software gives you the facility to take care of the different paper, plate and machine characteristics. A process of self-teaching is also integrated. The data transfer is possible online via network or via floppy disk, different formats are available.
Ink-fountain remote control system for offset printing machines
Technical characteristicsEach ink-fountain consists of a bundled structure where the lower part is a sliding bench for ink distribution on the rollers. The top part is a steel plate.
The support in ERGAL, has different dimensions and a variable profile, all depending on the type of machine on which it is applied. We use the same fixation holes as for the old existing blades. This has the effect of reducing the installation time considerably.
The sectors are in steel. Each motor is individually controlled by a speed reducing geer of 12 Vcc and also equiped with a encoder, assembled to the same axle, which has the function of checking the position.
The precision of these movements and subsequently the minimal step, is of 1.5 micron. The maximal working movement is of 0.6 mm for each sector and the mechanical ajustments are of 10 mm, guaranteed for reajustments due to wear.The steel covering blade protects the sectors hermetically.
The motors, the potentiometer and all the electronics are located outside the inking fountain.
This unit is connected by a serial line multipoint RS 422 to the central micro processor, and to the auxiliary command of the motors. This is to be used for adjusting the zero point or in case the PC breaks down.
Prepress Interface FAG CIP 3/4 Reader
Following the trend of digitalisation in prepress, meaning digital assembly of entire sheets using CPF and CPT technology, the FAG CIP 3/4 reader allows you to convert all CIP 3/4 files containing the complete data from prepress operations. This technique guarantees complete agreement with the methods in use. Various output formats are possible for different machine brands: Heidelberg, Manroland, KBA, etc....