BMW S4 Winder
The BMW S4 is engineered to improve efficiencies for hand wrap and stretch film production. This winder is offered in two configurations; one with bleed trim (BT) for flexibility in winding roll sets and one with bleed trim less (BTL) for dedicated six up winding. The bleed trim less configuration reduces the cost of offline equipment and increases operations efficiency by up to 8 percent compared with conventional center support machines. This winder features an integrated automatic core and roll handling system and capabilities for producing six-up rolls on a 25-second cycle time, roll change to roll change. Based on upstream capabilities and 80 percent line uptime, the BMW S4 can produce up to 2,700 roll sets.
The BMW S4 is designed as a four spindle surface/center winder with center core shaft supports. This arrangement in conjunction with continuous, dual-surface-driven lay-on rolls enables production of "flat-tail" film rolls. Flat-tail rolls are wound from the top side of the web (the side against the chill roll) into the roll to produce inline-slit films that are virtually scrap-free from the core to the last wrap for both hand and machine wrap stretch films.
Highlights of BMW S4
- 10-inch diameter, 300 pound (136kg) capacity.
- Line speeds to 2,400 fpm (732 mpm) on three "shaft versions."
- Net finished web widths of (3.2 m or 10.5 ft.) 129 inches (3,277mm) for the bleed trim version or (3m or 9.8 ft.) 120 inches (3,048mm) for the bleed trim less version.
- Four spindle surface/center winder with center core shaft supports.
- Capability for producing "flat-tail" film rolls.Capability to run either 2-inch or 3-inch (50 or 75mm) cores.
- Includes tape-less automatic roll transfer system.AC vector digital drive system and PLC controls.
- Optional six individual BTL (Bleed-Trim-Less) web steering assemblies, one per lane, for inline slitting with core extensions without the need to pull bleed trims.
The Horizontal winder provides a cost and time-saving alternative by eliminating the slitting and rewinding steps for most processes, as well as scrap. This winder is widely used among hygienic film producers for applications such as diaper film, breathable film, and non-woven coating processes. High-speed, in-line slitting capabilities make the Horizontal a viable alternative to traditional turret winders. The winder's scrapless transfer mechanism generates high yields for extrusion applications by indexing the new core into a transfer position while the transfer is made without indexing the final roll. This is a faster, more efficient process when compared to standard turret winders which produce scrap during the index cycle of a full roll.
Highlights of Horizontal
- Capable of in-line slitting to widths of 3 inches (75mm) across a 120-inch (3,048mm) web at speeds up to 600 mpm (1,968 fpm).
- Scrapless transfer mechanism for high yields.
- Available with a roll diameter of 40 to 60 inches (1,016 to 1,524mm).
- Options such as automatic core feed and roll removal.
- Offered with U.S. or European electrical configurations.
Our Surfastart winders are designed for in-line slitting and winding of large diameter product rolls on continuous process lines. Applications well suited for this winder include boards and laminates over 50 inches (1,270mm) diameter as well as non-wovens sensitive to inwound tension. Features include a large diameter winding drum; precision nip pressure control; optional center-surface winding capability; optional tangential shear slitting section; and an integrated "S" wrap pull roll section. The Surfastart 2000 & 3000 features a controlled incline ramp for finished set rejection and roll-stop braking and optional support roll system for winding on small diameter core shafts. These features combined with the automatic self-contained roll and shaft handling system, improve productivity and minimize scrap.
Design Criteria for SurfaStart 1000
- 1000 fpm winding speed.
- 24" diameter Winding drum.
- 60" inch (1,500mm) max diameter with a 10,000 pound (4,500 kg) capacity.
- Widths to 120 inches (3,000 mm).
Design Criteria for SurfaStart 2000
- 2000 fpm winding speed.
- 30" diameter Winding drum.
- 120" inch (3,000mm) max diameter with a 20,000 pound (9,000 kg) capacity.
- Widths to 180 inches (3,000 mm).
Design Criteria for SurfaStart 3000
- 3000 fpm winding speed.
- 36" diameter Winding drum.
- 240" inch (3,000mm) max diameter with a 30,000 pound (13,500 kg) capacity.
- Widths to 240 inches (6,000 mm).