Sappi is a global company focused on providing chemical cellulose, paper-pulp and paper based solutions to its direct and indirect customer base across more than 100 countries.
Our chemical cellulose products are used worldwide by converters to create viscose fibre for clothing and textiles, acetate tow, pharmaceutical products as well as a wide range of consumer products. Our market-leading range of paper products includes: coated fine papers used by printers, publishers and corporate end-users in the production of books, brochures, magazines, catalogues, direct mail and many other print applications; casting release papers used by suppliers to the fashion, textiles, automobile and household industries; and newsprint, uncoated graphic and business papers and premium quality packaging papers and tissue products in the Southern Africa region.
The pulp needed for our products is either produced within Sappi or bought from accredited suppliers. Across the group, Sappi is close to ‘pulp neutral’, meaning that we sell almost as much pulp as we buy.
Sappi by numbers
- 14,900 employees worldwide
- Paper production capacity of 6 million tons a year
- World's largest manufacturer of chemical cellulose with production capacity of 800,000 tons a year increasing to 1.3 million tons in 2013
- Sales in over 100 countriesManufacturing operations on four continents
- Paper pulp production of 3.4 million tons a year