At a glance
The ROFO 450 system can be supplied for incorporation into all current and established narrow web printing / converting / finishing machines or with own substrate web unwind device and rewind device / cross cutter to run as a stand-alone finishing system.
Based on the flat-flat stamping principle, the foil stamping machine ROFO 450 is used in the print finishing of printed and non-printed web substrates for label printing, flexible packaging, folding carton printing, brand protection and is also ideally suited to the security industry.
The ROFO 450 offers flexible performance being designed to process paper, cardboard, plastic film and composite substrates. In the security industry holograms can be applied onto official documents such as tax banderols, stamps and other governmental printing products and in the field of brand protection.
The stamping/transfer is effected by a cam-controlled platen press by means of flat stamping dies. This principle allows a flexible and versatile application of the machine, a minimal consumption of foil and the use of low-cost tools.
The stamping principle allows hot foil stamping, blind embossing, and combination foil stamping and embossing in one stroke. The foil transport system can be rotated through 90° making it possible to apply, for example, two hot foil colours simultaneously, or blind embossing and flat stamping simultaneously in one cycle. An intelligent system allows the positioning of counter dies outside the machine, without the need to cut the substrate web.
Incorporation of the infeed and outfeed web buffering system enables perfect synchronisation to be achieved between the platen process of the ROFO 450 and varying infeed and outfeed substrate web speeds.
The ROFO 450 basic machine consists of a platen press with the high performance foil transportation system VACUFOIL and a web infeed and outfeed buffering system.
Substrate travel direction is from left to right, as viewed from the operator console.
Compared to competitive products it has the following distinguishing features:
- Higher impression strength up to 130 metric tons with individual four point pressure setting
- Up to 18000 strokes/hour or 150 m/min
- Large stamping surface of 430 x 610 mm / 17“ x 24“
- VACUFOIL, the high performance foil transportation system with the ability to process foil rolls with large diameter and longest foil pulls at highest machine speeds leading to excellent foil saving capabilities and huge net production output
- Rotating foiling unit and unique substrate feeding device
- Advanced energy saving heating system available
- Ergonomic and optimized design to reduce job setup time to a minimum